150,000+ people watched as Joel threw an unbelievable 159 planters in one hour on his kick-wheel to set the new Guinness World Record for “most pots thrown in one hour by an individual.” Now it’s your chance to officially join world record history by purchasing your own planter to become an “Official Participant” in the record and snag a FREE Cosmic Mug!
With your purchase of one Guinness World Record planter, you will become an “Official Participant” to Joel’s record because you are directly supporting Cherrico Pottery and Guinness World Records to inspire people globally to achieve great goals. You will receive a Certificate of Authenticity stating your involvement in the record for any planter you purchase.
Two Free Bonuses: Cosmic Mug + 20% off
That’s not all though! As a thanks for supporting the record and reading our newsletters, you will also receive two free bonuses if you purchase before Monday 9/19:
- Bonus #1: 20% off by using this coupon: POTTERY20
- Bonus #2: One free Cosmic Mug with your purchase of any GWR planter, no additional shipping cost, anywhere in the world.
*Deadline for Free Cosmic Mug with GWR pottery purchases: Monday 9/19*
- Purchase a Guinness World Record Planter before Monday 9/19.
- View all of our available Cosmic Mugs here: store.cherricopottery.com/cosmic-mugs
- Email email@example.com a link to your favorite mug (one that is not sold out, please!)
- Or, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and say, “Pick out a Cosmic Mug for me” and we will choose one of our best Cosmic Mugs to include with your order, totally free! We’ll even cover the extra shipping charges.
We plan to increase this package deal to add more free pottery for you around the holidays (if we can), but we want to give first picks to you especially eager Cherrico Pottery fans. If you’re interested in snagging a particular number or pot before it’s gone, now is your chance to get your favorite pot, a price discount and a free Cosmic Mug.
Our Guinness World Record Planters were part of a truly incredible, athletic feat. All 159 pots were thrown on a kick-wheel consecutively for one hour, requiring each pot to be made faster than every 24 seconds! This is a massive accomplishment. It beat the previous record holder, who used an electric-powered wheel, by 9 pots. The record took months of full-time physical and mental training for Joel to achieve, but that hard work paid off in making art history.
- Official Record: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-pots-thrown-in-1-hour-by-an-individual
- Joel beat the previous record of 150 pots, throwing 159 pots in one hour.
- Joel used a traditional Japanese style kick wheel, instead of electric, motorized wheels used by previous record holders.
- Joel broke the record at 28 years old after spending over 10,000 hours practicing his pottery craft.
- Guinness World Records required that the pot be a planter with specific size and weight specifications.
- Over 350 pounds of Stoneware clay were prepared by Joel the day of the record, weighed into 2lb. clay balls.
- The event took place at Joel’s alma mater: St. John’s University, Collegeville, Minnesota, US.
- Joel is a full-time potter who makes art to inspire people globally to attempt and achieve great goals.
- Joel finished all planters by numbering them #1-#159, creating trays and firing them so each planter is functional.
- The planters are made from completely raw materials to give you a planter that is both one of a kind and officially sanctioned by GWR.
- Planters come in 4 styles that were each specially glazed and fired: wood fired, nuka iron, nuka cobalt, and cosmic glaze.
“Find something you really like, then do the best you can every, every day — never let up.”
–David Scott, Astronaut & Moonwalker, quoted in interview with Forbes’ Jim Clash
Photo Credit: NASA Photo