Thanks so much for your interest in Cherrico Pottery. This is a list of philanthropic projects and donations given out by Cherrico Pottery, to projects we care about.
*If you wish to support Cherrico Pottery, with your own donation to us, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or send money to Cherrico Pottery PayPal: email@example.com. Or, you can instead simply buy a piece of pottery from cosmicmugs.com, store.cherricopottery.com, join our Patreon, or buy one of our high-end pieces like a “Cosmic Wall Platters” or a jar on cherricopottery.com/portfolio
- Monthly donations and membership to The Planetary Society at the “Pathfinder” level.
- American Craft Council membership
- Quarterly donations to the College of St. Benedict, Sienna and Joel Cherricos’ alma mater
- Quarterly donations to St. John’s University, Sienna and Joel Cherricos’ alma mater
- $148 donated to maps.org, as promised in this email newsletter to donate 5% of gross revenue on Veterans Day: $2,955.53 in gross sales on Veterans Day, November 11th, 2022.
- $2,000 raised by a donor, who won a silent auction bid on 5 pieces of Cherrico Pottery: one Neptune Mug, two Cosmic Mugs and two Lunar Cups, donated by Joel Cherrico. Money was donated during a local, annual memorial fundraiser for Joel Birr that took place 9/10. Money goes to support local senior citizens and education, including the Albany Area Education Foundation.
- $1,528.51 to Wounded Warrior Project from an eBay auction sale of 2 Neptune Mugs with 100% donation, on 7/2/22
- $2,468.45 to help people in Ukraine fighting against Valdamir Putin’s unjust war:
- $184.34 on 11/23/2022. Stars monetization official ended by Joel Cherrico on this date because donations slowed and he decided to fundraise for donations in other ways and not Facebook Stars.
- $371.16 on 10/7/2022
- $430.39 on 9/1/2022
- $379.47 on 5/24/2022
- $801.07 on 4/28/2022
- Money above was donated to “World Central Kitchen.” Money was donated from fans, who gave “Facebook Stars” revenue from Cherrico Pottery’s Facebook Live videos, and also Cherrico Potter’s earned advertising revenue that Joel decided to donate too. “World Central Kitchen” is an organization that is helping provide hot, nourishing meals to Ukrainian families and refugees.
- $302.02 (8969.86 UAH) to the “The Come Back Alive Foundation” which funds body armor, supplies, training, and more for the soldiers defending Ukraine. Donated March 2nd, 2022 during Vladimir Putin’s invasion. This was donated by Joel Cherrico’s Cherrico Pottery business directly.
- $560 to Hilarity For Charity in an eBay Limited Edition Mug Auction with 100% net proceeds going to provide support for families suffering from Alzheimer’s. At $25 per hour, this cause provided 22 hours of caregiver support.
- $110 to “Save our Afghan allies from the Taliban”
- $330 to the NAACP Empowerment Programs and ActBlue Express non-profit donation service. Our state of Minnesota was in the global spotlight after the murder of George Floyd in 2020. We stand in solidarity with black people who still suffer from racism in the United States today.
- $300 to the Uyghur Human Rights Project to assist with Uyghur people who are being oppressed by the Chinese government. Evidence from BBC reports and this podcast interview with Daily Stoic prompted us to decide to donate to their worthy cause.
- $300 to Mutual Aid Myanmar to help people in Myanmar who are being murdered by military. Myanmar military has killed over 550 civilians in a Military Coup, killing citizens who are protesting in favor of democracy.
- $326.92 to support our local food shelf to provide supplies for people and families in need throughout our community.
- $308.26 to the Planetary Society to help with their Day of Action, as they lobby the United States Biden Administration to increase the NASA budget 5% over 5 years, and advocate for other important advances in space exploration.
- $200 to Joel’s Aunt Judith Halek of birthbalance.com to help establish a birth center at the Changing Woman Initiative, a Native American Centered Women’s Health Collective.
- $55 to Trenton H, a 10 year old boy fighting cancer, to help his family with medical bills.
- $787.32, which was 10% of our 3 day gross sales during Veteran’s Day Weekend donated to Wounded Warrior Project
- Pottery from this video and $710 donated, split half and half between The Local Blend staff to help with Covid unemployment affecting their baristas, and our local food shelf.
- $100 donated to the American Craft Council to help during extra Covid impact fundraising.
- $100 donated to MAPS: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies to help fund therapy trials for veterans suffering from PTSD
- $50 donated to the Confederate Monument Relocation Fund
- 5% of our 3 day gross sales during Veteran’s Day Weekend donated to Wounded Warrior Project
December “Year End Sale and Donation” with 5% of gross sales going to:
- 5% to Yellowstone.org, specifically to their “Wildlife, Wonders, & Wilderness” projects that help support the park’s wildlife health.
- 5% to Montessori Teacher Training for early childhood education: specifically, our local Montessori Center for Minnesota, to help teachers, children and families in need.
6% off gross sales in December, 2018 were donated to 6 non-profit organizations that we are passionate about:
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Wounded Warrior Project
- The Planetary Society
- The American Craft Council
- Montessori Center of Minnesota
- The Dorothy Jemison Foundation, founded by Astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison, the first African American woman to travel to space. Dr. Mae is a pioneer for science, social responsibility and education. You can learn about her in this inspiring TED Talk, with the lovely title, “Teach arts and sciences together.”
- $2,000 donated through the Emerging Pottery Business Awards, which you can learn more about in this Live video interview with American Craft Council Executive Director.
- Annual donations of Holiday pottery profit, like in this Live Video on Facebook that described donations to the following four non-profit organizations
Intermittent donations occasionally:
- American Craft Council
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in a “World Record Planter” listing with a 20% donation.
- The Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin in this “World Record Planter” listing with a 50% donation.
- The B612 donation for asteroid defense research in this listing.
- Would Works organized by Nick Offerman and the Offerman Woodshop
If you would like to recommend projects or charities that Cherrico Pottery should explore, please feel free to contact us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org