>> Get Cosmic Mugs <<
I believe handmade pottery enriches people’s lives. The word “cosmic” describes outer space, but the “cosmos” describes what is all around us. Cosmic Mugs reminding us that the elements from the stars are the exact same as elements that make up things in our daily lives. I create gorgeous, abstract glazes made from copper, cobalt and iron to reference galaxies and nebulae. I hope to communicate profound ideas about our place in the universe over a cup of coffee.
- Durable: Stoneware pottery is very hard and meant to last a lifetime.
- Functional: 100% non-toxic and dishwasher safe.
- Handcrafted: I make each pot from a lump of Stoneware clay on a pottery wheel.
- Complex: Every mug is brushed with up to 5 different glaze colors.
- Earthen: Raw iron, copper and cobalt are harvested from the earth & fired in a kiln to 2400 degrees F to seal colors with silica glaze for non-toxic, food-safe surfaces.
- One of a Kind: Each firing results in glazes that I can never duplicate exactly.
I want my Cosmic Mugs to communicate beauty like a Vincent van Gogh painting. My pottery lets people experience fine art while contemplating big ideas about our place in the universe, simply by drinking coffee or tea from pottery.
11 Replies to “Cosmic Mugs: Pottery Inspired by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope”
I am excited to be a part of your message to the world. I have been hoping to see you around and to acquire a new mug. I will run you down yet. Good luck.
these are gorgeous where can they be purchased?
Hello Judy, I will post just a few jewels in my online store in the coming weeks, and you should be able to find one or two before they sell out: store.cherricopottery.com – Otherwise, I will be able to make a larger quantity of mugs and offer them at a large discount in the coming months. Stay tuned to my email newsletter, thanks for your interest!
Ran across your work, just wanted to let you know that it is greatly appreciated and and that you are an inspiration! Keep up the great job!
I think you’re mugs are beautiful my kidneys shut down over a year ago so I’ve taken up pottery to help me cope with the disease and have also started collecting mugs I would be honored to have one of your cosmic mugs I think they are awesome!!!
Love your mugs! So fun and creative. Hope to win one in your weekly give aways.
Comments are closed.