*Not Currently Hiring: Updated 7/22/2022
All positions have been filled and we are not currently hiring. But we welcome you to review the previous job description below, and encourage you to sign up for our email newsletter to receive regular email updates from Cherrico Pottery. Future business growth may result in job openings.
If you applied previously, thank you so much for taking the time to apply. We really appreciate your interest. Due to the competitive nature of this position, we are not able to reply to all candidates who aren’t accepted. If you have questions or need anything, you can reach us on our Customer Service email anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT: JOB APPLICATION FORM
Company Overview: Cherrico Pottery is a small company founded by potter Joel Cherrico in 2010, and managed by his wife Sienna Cherrico. Together with a small team of workers (you can meet our current team here) we operate from a 3,000sq. ft. pottery studio, office and warehouse on our home property.
Each month, Cherrico Pottery creates, packages and ships an average of about 500 handmade mugs, cups, bowls and more art to customers globally.
Cherrico Pottery thrives when we delight thousands of customers by shipping beautiful, handmade pottery to their doorsteps.
So, your job is to do whatever it takes to keep Joel, Sienna and our team creating handmade art and getting it into people’s hands. You are responsible for any tasks that can be delegated away from Joel, Sienna, and our team, to you.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about being adaptable.
Sometimes your work will require creative problem solving. Other times, your work will be repetitive and tedious.
You will often spend full days working in front of a computer. But other times, you will spend full days working entirely on your feet, doing manual labor like packing, shipping, custodial cleaning and more.
Your duties will vary widely, including but not limited to:
- Responding to all Customer Service emails daily
- Photographing and uploading thousands of pottery photos on our websites
- Updating customer subscription data
- Shipping hundreds of products monthly: pottery, merchandise and more
- Sales and marketing email newsletters, social media posts and more
- Media outreach
- Custodial cleaning
We are happy to train enthusiastic candidates who otherwise lack experience.
Location: The Cherrico Pottery Studio, St. Joseph, Minnesota
- 40 hours per week
- 8am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
Pay: $17 per hour
After 90 days employment, we will review your work and discuss options for:
- Benefits for vacation time, personal days and paid time off
- Benefits for Health Care and ROTH IRA contributions to your retirement plan
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all safety protocols
- Complete your daily tasks in a timely manner
- Carefully handle all pottery without breakage
- Maintain organization of receiving and stacking all inventory, supplies and equipment
- Maintain organization of shipping all pottery orders and responding to all customer service
- Maintain organization of subscription pottery shipments and timelines
- Maintain organization of marketing, sales and social media posting
- Daily studio cleaning: maintain organized, clean work surfaces and floors
- Office cleaning: keep computer, sink and bathroom spaces free of silica dust, food and dirt
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Any additional tasks that can be delegated away from Joel and Sienna, to you
- Assist with pottery physical tasks, like softening, sanding and polishing pottery during high volume production
- Assist with technical aspects of pottery, including but not limited to clay recycling, loading kilns and firing pottery
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Mental strength and stamina
- Physical strength and stamina
- Ability to lift and move more than 50 pounds repeatedly
Cherrico Pottery Values Diversity and Inclusion
Cherrico Pottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace. We believe that working with diverse types of people, views and values will help strengthen our business, local community and global community. All qualified job applicants will get consideration for this job without regard to your race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Cherrico Pottery is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to individuals who have disabilities, as outlined by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunities Commission here. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job process described above or below, then please email us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
Questions? Email us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org