Solving 100% of Customer Service problems is our top priority (next to safety, and crafting beautiful pottery).
If you have a Customer Service problem, please search for an answer to your question below, then contact us here anytime: email@example.com
Thanks so much for your interest! I really appreciate you taking the time to look into my pottery and career. This page outlines all Frequently Asked Questions for store.cherricopottery.com, cosmicmugs.com and Joel Cherrico Pottery.
*We are not currently able to take pre-orders, reserve pottery or announce specific dates of online pottery availability.
Patrons get first priority on all new pottery: patreon.com/cherricopottery
For Frequently Asked Quests specific to Patreon, please visit: cherricopottery.com/patreonFAQ
Then, remaining pottery can be purchased on a first-come, first-serve basis from email newsletter announcements, typically once monthly. You can also browse store.cherricopottery.com or cosmicmugs.com if you would like to see a broader availability of artwork.
– For Customer Service questions/comments/concerns/suggestions on pottery orders, please email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
– For Customer Service shipping policies, returns, or any other information about your pottery order, please view our Terms and Conditions page here.
– To buy our newest pottery, browse both of our online stores: store.cherricopottery.com and cosmicmugs.com. When pottery is sold out, sign up for our e-mail newsletter here, which announces all upcoming sales and availability.
We hope you will please be respectful of the fact that Joel Cherrico is an artist and can only make a limited number of our best selling Cosmic Mugs monthly. We are required to price artwork appropriately in response to demand, and our goal is to provide as much pottery as possible to as many people as possible.
If sold out, please wait patiently for the next email newsletter, which we send out whenever Joel has a fresh batch of pots available (typically once monthly). Joel usually creates more than 4,000 of pieces of pottery annually, so please be patient and diligently watch our email newsletters if you would like to snag a Cosmic Mug.
We also frequently offer discount sales and giveaways, about once monthly, and newsletter subscribers always get notified.
– Short Bio:
Joel Cherrico is a full-time potter. He has handcrafted over 20,000 pieces of pottery, which are now being enjoyed by people all over the planet. Joel continues to handcraft about 4,000 pieces of pottery every year, for sale on store.cherricopottery.com and cosmicmugs.com.
Requests for Cherrico Pottery
– When pottery is sold out, sign up for our e-mail newsletter here, which announces all upcoming sales and pottery availability.
– Custom commission requests can be submitted by sending us an email (email@example.com) but we get requests almost daily and can not accept most requests. Demand for pottery is just too high right now. However, I really appreciate all of your requests and take everything into consideration when I sit down at the pottery wheel to create new art. I would be most interested in and able to create art from our three pottery categories: Standard Ware, Outer Space Inspired and Mountain Pottery.
– We are not able to donate pottery to silent auctions and fundraising events. There are just too many requests to fulfill, and because we already give money and pottery regularly to these good causes, outlined publicly on cherricopottery.com/donations
– We are not able to make art for or participate in most gallery shows, art festivals, wholesale orders or custom commission requests. Again, there are just too many requests right now. For a list of other potters who might be interested, check out this list of pottery blogs. If you decide to use this list for silent auction/fundraising donation requests, please be considerate of the fact that artists typically don’t make much money themselves. Please consider contacting wealthier individuals (bankers, doctors or lawyers) to purchase pottery from these artists, and then donate it.
Learn About Joel Cherrico and Cherrico Pottery, LLC
– Biography: Joel Cherrico is a full-time potter and former Guinness World Records™ record holder for ‘most pots thrown in one hour by an individual.’ He makes every piece of artwork for sale in our store. He started Cherrico Pottery, LLC in 2010 after graduating from the College of St. Benedict/St. John’s University with a degree in art. Since then, he has supported his livelihood full-time by creating and selling handmade pottery. He and his small team of student interns use new technology to revolutionize the ways that art impacts our global society.
– If you’re a journalist interested in writing about my career, please refer to this press kit.
– To learn about my pottery career and how I make a living as a full-time potter, read this eight part American Craft Council authorship series, ”A Potter’s Journey.”
- Part 1: The Beginning
- Part 2: Art Experiences Outside The College Classroom
- Part 3: Conquering Art Major Anxiety
- Part 4: Writing A Business Plan
- Part 5: Launching A Pottery Business Venture and Fighting to Keep it Alive
- Part 6: Growing A Profitable Pottery Business
- Part 7: The Local Blend Business Partnership
- Part 8: The Search For 1,000 True Fans
You can also explore our blog if you are curious about specific parts of my pottery process. You can learn how I glaze ceramics with wood ashes, how I created “Cosmic Mugs” and got them published in Ceramics TECHNICAL magazine, and how we raised $34,099 with Cosmic Mugs on Kickstarter.
– To learn how I created a thriving online store, check out this guest blog post for BigCommerce, the company that gives us a platform to sell pottery all over the world: Products That Matter: Blending Art, Science and Pricing for a Winning Ecommerce Strategy
– If you’re a ceramic artist or student looking for advice on career paths, check out Julia Galloway’s, “Field Guide for Ceramic Artisans.”
– To learn about the Karatsu-style kick wheels that I use, check out this blog post: “The Art of Throwing Pottery on a Kick Wheel”
– Studio visits and tours are not currently possible. Our e-mail newsletter will announce any future availability of studio tours. In the meantime, I suggest reaching out to Richard Bresnahan and the St. John’s Pottery, as they regularly give tours of their remarkable pottery studio.
– To view pottery in person you can visit The Local Blend in St. Joseph, MN, US. We created a mutually beneficial business model where customers eat and drink from my pottery daily, and they can also buy pottery. You can read about it in this American Craft Council blog post: “Eat, Pay, Love: A Potter’s Business Model.”
Joel frequents the Local Blend and keeps them stocked up with pottery cups and mugs available for sale daily. However, most pottery at the Local Blend is reserved for use by the coffee shop staff and customers. Dinner plates, bowls, etc…are not currently available for sale. The purpose of the Local Blend pottery is to give anyone an experience of eating and drinking from artwork. To purchase these types dinnerware pieces, please watch our future email newsletters for potential availability or please consider commission dinnerware from other potters you can find here.
– To get an internship at Cherrico Pottery, we invite you to apply here: cherricopottery.com/internships
– To work for Cherrico Pottery, we invite you to check for open jobs: cherricopottery.com/jobs
Thanks again for your interest in my artwork!
Cherrico Pottery, LLC